Module 1: Standing Techniques & Takedowns
Lesson 5 - Takedowns from Knees
Key Points to Remember
- Combat base is ideal for knee starts, but remember to monitor your lead foot.
- Grip fighting is similar to standing.
- If opponent has both knees on ground, take advantage of their immobility.
- Utilize eye and hand feints to catch opponent off guard.
- Drive opponent towards the knee that they have committed to their combat base.
Video Time: 6:39
This lesson focuses on the often-overlooked aspect of bjj training: starting from the kneeling position.
Copyright © 2015 www.jiujitsubrotherhood.com